Gas Safety Certificates

As well as installing gas cookers Gas Cookers Installation engineers are also fully qualified to undertake Gas safety certificates.

Once your gas cooker installation is completed, your appliance will be tested by the Gas Cookers Installation engineer to ensure it is safe to use. Once this is done and the engineer is confident that everything is ok, they will issue you with a Gas Safety Certificate (CP12).

The Gas Safety Certificate (CP12) given to you after your Gas Cookers Installation engineer will include:

  • A description of the gas cooker along with the location
  • Name, registration number and signature of the engineer who completed your gas cooker installation
  • The address of the property where the gas cooker installation was completed
  • Landlord’s name and address
  • Any problems identified by the Gas Cookers Installation engineer and the action taken to fix it

During your gas cooker installation if the engineer finds the appliance to be unsafe or they cannot work on the appliance then they may choose to disconnect it. If this is the case, the engineer may leave a warning notice for the landlord or homeowner. This means you will not receive a valid Gas Safety Certificate (CP12) from the engineer as your gas cooker installation has not complied with the gas safety regulations. Once the defect has been dealt with and the appliance made safe the engineer can then issue the Gas Safety Certificate (CP12).

A Gas Safety Certificate (CP12) is a legal requirement and it is therefore vital that you receive a copy once your gas cooker installation has been completed and all work regarding the appliance has finished.

Landlords should ensure a copy of the Gas Safety Certificate (CP12) is given to the tenant within 28 days of the completion of the gas cooker installation. If you are a landlord and are having gas cookers installation carried out before tenants move in then a copy of the certificate should be received by the tenants before they begin the tenancy. A Gas Safety Certificate (CP12) can only be issued by a gas safe registered engineer.

Please call Gas Cookers Installation today on 0207 781 9249 or email us at [email protected] for your free no obligation quote or to book in an appointment to best suit you.

Customer Reviews

Gas Cookers Installation

Customer Reviews

Daniel Davies

My Gas Oven is fully installed and functional, I am ready to take tips from my Jamie Oliver cookbook! Thanks for your service, I have no complaints at all.

Debbie Gilbert

I had a free standing cooker installation and I was more than willing to write a review. The engineer was funny and very bubbly. If all your engineers are like this, you have an admirable team of engineers! Thanks a lot.

Arnold Reegan

Trustworthy Gas Safe registered engineers that disconnected my hob within 30 mins. I couldn't provide a better service myself. Thanks.

Ibrahim Almazwagi

Got my dual fuel cooker installed today and your company made my day! Having a disconnection free because of my installation was perfect. Thanks for your services

Lin Chi

Free standing gas cooker installation went really well and very fast. The engineer came 10 minutes early and left within 20 mins. More than satisfied with my new cooker thank you.

James Hanagan

I had to leave a review. These guys are fantastic, I would recommend to literally anyone. Thanks for your help and advice.

Emma Herbridge

I called the engineer for a cooker service, although when I made the call I forgot to mention that I might need a gas hose. Not that it mattered he had a spare! Prepared and efficient. Well done!

Wayne Edwards

I called 2 companies who struggled to fit me in with a busy schedule, really frustrating. So thanks for the quick response.

Vanessa Marshall

I didn't know why my kitchen smelled of gas sometimes, especially after cooking. The engineer told me my gas hose was not connected properly. This could have been a real danger to my health and safety. Thank you for your help.

Ahmed Khan

So happy my new cooker is ready to use. No hidden costs, just what you want. Thanks