Frequently Asked Questions

A Gas Safe Registered gas cooker installer must be the only person to install your new gas appliance. This is to ensure the appliance has been installed in accordance with the Gas Safe regulations and is safe.
All Gas Safe registered professionals will carry a photo ID Gas Safe card. On the back of the card there will be a list of appliances which each individual gas cooker installer is qualified to work on. You can check if a gas cooker installer is Gas Safe registered by visiting or by calling 0800 408 5500
Flame safety devices are very important safety devices which ensure a gas supply is turned off to a burner in the event that the burner does not ignite or that the flame has been extinguished. New regulations require gas cookers installed in a flat or multi-dwelling building to have a flame safety device (FSD) fitted to the hob – see individual models for details.

Yes. After any new gas cooker has been installed it is a legal requirement to have a Gas Safety Certificate (CP12) issued to ensure the appliance has been installed in accordance with the Gas Safe regulations.

Freestanding cookers require a minimum of 610mm clearance above the grill with a further 20mm either side of the appliance. Hobs should have a minimum clearance of 750mm from the hob to the cooker hood. Any wall units either side of the hood must be at least 366mm above and a further 300mm clearance is required if the hob is being installed next to flammable materials.

A gas appliance may have to be plugged into your electric mains because the electric is used for the ignition to create a spark for the gas to latch on to. You may also need electricity if your appliance comes with a light (e.g. a light in the oven)